Cancellations, postponements and event changes due to the coronavirus
With the coronavirus pandemic growing, here is a list, which will be updated, of the different changes, cancellations and postponements to events and institutions that have affected the area.
If you have a cancellation or event change you would like to have added to this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIST UPDATED 1:18 P.M. Tuesday, June 2
- ALL K-12 schools closed for face-to-face learning for rest of 2019-20 school year. Online learning will be implemented.
- Glen Oaks Community College: Shimmel Road Campus closed until further notice. Courses moved to online-only format starting March 16. St. Joseph County Job Fair originally scheduled for April 22 canceled.
- City of Three Rivers: City offices closed until further notice. Visitors to be allowed access by appointment only.
- Three Rivers Water Festival - Canceled
- Fresh Food Initiative at Fabius-Park Fire Department: Canceled until further notice starting March 21
- Building Hope Free Store, Centreville: CLOSED until April 30
- St. Joseph County Jail: Visitation on hold until further notice
- St. John's Lutheran Church: Worship canceled until further notice
- Ninth Street United Methodist Church: Worship canceled until further notice
- Trinity Episcopal Church: Worship and all church events canceled until further notice. Three Rivers Community Kitchen dinners closed indefinitely starting Tuesday, March 17
- All MHSAA tournaments and spring season canceled.
- Three Rivers Health: Visitation changes
- Grace Healthcare: Limiting all visitors to facility "unless absolutely necessary"; Requests that family and friends "do not visit the center."
- Heartland Healthcare Center: Visitors limited except for certain circumstances, including end-of-life, when a visitor is deemed "essential" and other disciplines as required by plan of care; visitors 18 and under not allowed, except for end-of-life.
- Three Rivers Public Library: Closed until further notice. Some library programs online; check website for details.
- Riviera Theatre, Three Rivers: The Insiders concert postponed; all purchased tickets will be honored for a new rescheduled date.
- St. Joseph County Commission on Aging: Offices Closed starting Monday, March 16 for the forseeable future.
- Constantine Township Library: Jonathan Rand author visit canceled, looking to reschedule for fall.
- The Huss Project: All public events canceled until further notice.
- United Community Assistance Program: UCAP services for the Free Store, Gas and Laundry vouchers and Utility assistance are suspended until further notice. Office is no longer open for walk-ins, UCAP Assistance is for food cards or food bags only and must be made by a phone appointment. Clients seeking assistance for food beginning Mar. 23 need to call 269-244-4599 during office hours. (M, W 10-1 and F 9-12)
- St. Joseph County Administration: All county departments within the Historic Courthouse and Annex 2 will be closed to the public until further notice. Courts closed effective March 17, with all criminal and civil jury trials adjourned to a date to be determined after May 1, and all civil infraction and traffic hearings adjourned to a date to be determined after May 1. Non-essential meetings in the Historic Courthouse are also suspended. Non-essential meetings in the Historic Courthouse are also suspended.
- Marcellus Township Wood Memorial Library: Closed until further notice.
- Riverside Church: Sunday services to be streamed online.
- Center Park United Methodist Church: Worship and all church events canceled until further notice.
- White Pigeon Township Library: Closed until further notice. Curbside service will be available to patrons during regular library hours - 9 to 6 on Monday through Friday, and 9 to 1 on Saturday. Patrons should call the library at 269-483-7409 before they visit.
- Constantine Township Lbrary: Closed starting Monday, March 16 until further notice.
- Three Rivers Classic and Antique Restorers Club - 57th Annual Dust-Off postponed until May 2, 2021
- Schoolcraft Fourth of July celebration canceled
- Grand opening of Armstrong Field Sports Complex postponed until future date.
- St. Joe Valley Old Engine Association - Annual swap meet in May cancelled.
- Community-wide Garage Sale and Yards, Barns and Brews at the St. Joseph County Fairgrounds - Cancelled.
- Mendon Riverfest: Canceled
- White Pigeon Days: Canceled
- Colon Magic Get-Together: Canceled