Cancellations, postponements and event changes due to the coronavirus
With the coronavirus pandemic growing, here is a list, which will be updated, of the different changes, cancellations and postponements to events and institutions that have affected the area.
If you have a cancellation or event change you would like to have added to this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIST UPDATED 3:58 P.M. Friday, March 27
- Three Rivers Community Schools: CLOSED from March 16-April 6; "Mamma Mia!" high school musical production postponed until further notice, schools to provide breakfast and lunch for TRCS students Monday-Friday from 9-9:30 at Hoppin Elementary, 9:45-10:15 at Andrews Elementary, and 10:30-11 a.m. at Three Rivers High School. Hoppin Elementary's school musical program has also been canceled.
- ALL K-12 schools closed from March 16-April 6
- Glen Oaks Community College: Shimmel Road Campus closed until further notice. Courses moved to online-only format starting March 16. Sonia Manzano Viking Speaker Series presentation at TRHS canceled. Flora Kirsch Beck Art Gallery's Visiting Artist Public Lecture with Don Marek, along with a master class workshop, will be rescheduled. Students residing in the Devier Student Suites are expected to leave campus by Sunday, March 15 at 5 p.m. and return to campus on April 11 at noon. St. Joseph County Job Fair originally scheduled for April 22 canceled.
- City of Three Rivers: City offices closed until further notice. Visitors to be allowed access by appointment only.
- Fresh Food Initiative at Fabius-Park Fire Department: Canceled until further notice starting March 21
- Building Hope Free Store, Centreville: CLOSED until April 6
- St. Joseph County Jail: Visitation on hold until further notice
- St. John's Lutheran Church: Worship canceled until end of March
- Ninth Street United Methodist Church: Worship canceled until further notice
- Trinity Episcopal Church: Worship and all church events canceled until end of March. Three Rivers Community Kitchen dinners closed indefinitely starting Tuesday, March 17
- All MHSAA tournaments suspended until further notice, including the Three Rivers girls' basketball regional finals against Hamilton in Otsego and the Constantine boys' basketball district finals against Vicksburg in Paw Paw.
- Three Rivers Health: Visitation changes: Visitors must be 12 or older, ER visitors limited to two visitors per patient, OB- visitors must be immediate family
- Grace Healthcare: Limiting all visitors to facility "unless absolutely necessary"; Requests that family and friends "do not visit the center."
- Heartland Healthcare Center: Visitors limited except for certain circumstances, including end-of-life, when a visitor is deemed "essential" and other disciplines as required by plan of care; visitors 18 and under not allowed, except for end-of-life.
- Three Rivers Public Library: Closed from March 14-April 5. All Library programs during that time have also been canceled.
- Riviera Theatre, Three Rivers: The Insiders concert postponed; all purchased tickets will be honored for a new rescheduled date.
- St. Joseph County Commission on Aging: Offices Closed starting Monday, March 16 for the forseeable future Board meeting for Wednesday, March 19 canceled.
- Constantine Township Library: Jonathan Rand author visit canceled, looking to reschedule for fall.
- The Huss Project: All public events canceled until further notice.
- United Community Assistance Program: UCAP services for the Free Store, Gas and Laundry vouchers and Utility assistance are suspended until further notice. Office is no longer open for walk-ins, UCAP Assistance is for food cards or food bags only and must be made by a phone appointment. Clients seeking assistance for food beginning Mar. 23 need to call 269-244-4599 during office hours. (M, W 10-1 and F 9-12)
- St. Joseph County Administration: All county departments within the Historic Courthouse and Annex 2 will be closed to the public until further notice. Courts closed effective March 17, with all criminal and civil jury trials adjourned to a date to be determined after May 1, and all civil infraction and traffic hearings adjourned to a date to be determined after May 1. Non-essential meetings in the Historic Courthouse are also suspended. Non-essential meetings in the Historic Courthouse are also suspended.
- Marcellus Township Wood Memorial Library: Closed until local schools re-open
- Riverside Church: Sunday services to be streamed online; other regular events to continue as planned
- Center Park United Methodist Church: Worship and all church events canceled through end of March
- White Pigeon Township Library: Closed until further notice. Curbside service will be available to patrons during regular library hours - 9 to 6 on Monday through Friday, and 9 to 1 on Saturday. Patrons should call the library at 269-483-7409 before they visit.
- Constantine Township Lbrary: Closed starting Monday, March 16 until further notice. Check-out materials will have due dates adjusted to Monday, April 20.
- Three Rivers Area Chamber of Commerce: MDOT update lunch on U.S. 131 project originally scheduled for March 18 canceled.
- Animal Rescue Fund: Bingo at Constantine American Legion scheduled for March 28 postponed. Dinner auction at St. Joseph Catholic Church in White Pigeon on April 18 postponed.
- Three Rivers Food Site: Open with service changes. They will be pre-packaging food bundles (each bundle will be the food allotment for 2 people), with the number of bundles distributed based on family size. They also ask that one family at a time enter the food site.
- Three Rivers Classic and Antique Restorers Club - 57th Annual Dust-Off postponed until May 2, 2021