Relative: Christmas Eve fire killed Colon family's five dogs

COLON (AP) — A southern Michigan family is mourning the loss of all five of their dogs in a Christmas Eve fire that broke out when the family was at a holiday celebration.
MLive cites a relative, Karen Herman, as saying that the family’s dogs died in Tuesday evening’s fire and the family also couldn’t locate their cat after the blaze at their Colon area home.
She said the family “lost everything” in the house fire.
But she said the family could have lost their own lives had they been at home and said she was thankful they weren’t there.
Herman is a grandmother to one of the children.
Radio station WTVB reports that the family is now staying with relatives in nearby Mendon.

Three Rivers Commercial-News

124 North Main Street
Box 130
Three Rivers, MI 49093

Telephone: 269-279-7488
Fax: 269-279-6007
General email: info@threeriversnews.com